Many electronic cigarette users are intimidated by the idea of refilling their CE4. Other cartomizers and cartridges require the use of a syringe needle when refilling, which can be inconvenient and a challenge for some users. When it comes time to refill the eGo CE4, users can rest assured that the process is incredibly simple and can be done just about anywhere.
eGo CE4 Refill – Getting Started
Before refilling the clearomizer, you need to first ensure that you have enough e-juice on hand. No extra equipment or tools are needed to refill the CE4. The e-liquid’s drip tip will allow you to refill the clearomizer with ease. If you prefer, you can use a needle tip to prevent leakage.
- The first step in the process is the cut off the tip of the e-liquid bottle with a pair of sharp scissors.
- Next, unscrew the mouthpiece counter-clockwise.
- Hold the CE4 at a 45 degree angle and begin dripping the liquid into the clearomizer slowly. Make sure that you do not add any liquid to the center hole of the atomizer as this serves as the venting hole.
- The CE4 can hold up to 1.6ml of liquid, so take care not to overfill the clearomizer.
- Once filled, you can screw the mouthpiece back on.
- Next, tightly screw on the battery.
Be sure to wait at least one minute before using the electronic cigarette. This will give the wick time to absorb the liquid. Using the electronic cigarette before the wick absorbs the liquid may produce a plastic or metallic flavor.
Always remember to refill your eGo CE4 before it empties completely. Once the unit is empty, build-up on the coil can cause a burnt taste. Dry burning can eliminate this unpleasant taste.
Take care not to screw the eGo CE4 clearomizer in too tightly as this can cause the unit to leak. When this happens, the e-juice will be drawn up into the air vent instead of the air. The CE4’s translucent material ensures that users are always able to gauge when it is time to refill the atomizer. As a general rule of thumb, you should never allow the liquid to drop below the 0.6ml line as this can have a negative effect on the taste of the liquid.
It is recommended that you clean your CE4 in between refills as this will allow you to remove any build-up and remaining e-liquid that may spoil the flavor of the new e-juice being refilled.